Pro Bono Accountancy Singapore is a joint initiative by the Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC) and CPA Australia.
- “SAC” refers to Singapore Accountancy Commission and includes its officers, directors, agents, volunteers and employees.
- “CPA Australia” refers to CPA Australia and includes its officers, directors, agents, volunteers and employees.
- “PBAS” refers to Pro Bono Accountancy Singapore information and/or functions associated with this portal, whether in whole or in part.
- “User” refers to applicant and/or any third party using Pro Bono Accountancy Singapore.
- “VWO” refers to Volunteer Welfare Organisation which is any of Singapore-registered charities and Institutions of a Public Character (IPCs), societies, volunteer interest groups, public companies limited by guarantee, social enterprises and community event companies that are non-political and secular in their operations.
- “PBA” refers to Pro Bono Accountant who is an individual volunteer not representing any organisation whom the volunteers are employed with. PBA is representing in their individual capacity.
“Personal Data” refers to any data or information about you from which you can be identified. On this website, this may include, but is not limited to: your name and personal email address;
If you provide your Personal Data on this website, your Personal Data may be used for:
- Recording and processing your volunteer activities with your selected VWO
- Reporting necessary details about your activities to your selected VWO
- Administering and maintaining information by VWO and/or VL for your volunteer activities and your profile
- Responding to inquiries from you or the VWO you have volunteered or signed-up for events with.
- Compiling and analysing volunteering history and data
- Compliance monitoring and audit reviews both internal and external
- Complying with all applicable regulations, laws and internal policies and procedures
- Informing you about this website, its services, related information, terms, conditions and policies
- Any other purposes in the Terms and Conditions
Your Personal Data will only be disclosed to the VWO you choose to disclose to for activities you signed up for, SAC employees, CPA Australia employees and representatives, and other parties to perform the services of this website.
You shall be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Data. You may access or make corrections to your Personal Data by logging into your registered account, or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you submit Personal Data that concerns another individual other than yourself on this website, you represent and warrant that all the necessary consents have been obtained from the individual.
You shall consult your parent or guardian before providing us with your Personal Data if you are under the age of eighteen .
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you use our services and it is required or relevant for operational or legal purposes.
Your Internet browser has a feature called “cookies” which store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to websites. However, cookies tell us nothing about who you are if you remain anonymous. Cookies help us track the return visits to the website and aggregate information about website usage. We use this information to see how well each webpage performs, so that we can build a better service for you.
We are not responsible for the content nor the security of other websites that this website may link to. Although VWO and PBA on Pro Bono Accountancy Singapore are encouraged to provide privacy protection for Personal Data, Pro Bono Accountancy Singapore, SAC and CPA Australia are not responsible for the VWO and PBA treatment of your Personal Data.
SAC, CPA Australia and its officials are not liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any user as a result of any disclosure of any Personal Data which you have consented to disclosing.